The Apra-MN Mentoring Program matches newer members with experienced prospect development professionals who can offer support and assistance with strategies and resources.
In considering matches, the Mentoring Program committee prioritizes the mentee’s interest areas expressed on their Apra-MN Mentoring Program application.
- Give back to your fellow Apra members and the prospect development field
- Raise awareness of the profession in the fundraising industry
- Enjoy networking opportunities with different organizations and professionals
- Strengthen your interpersonal relationship skills
- Reflect on your own practices
- Learn about the profession from more experienced colleagues
- Develop prospect development skills and learn new ideas, concepts and perspectives
- Develop networking opportunities within the prospect development community
- Clarify and enhance your career direction
- Increase confidence in dealing with new or challenging issues
If you are an Apra-MN member and are interested in being assigned a Mentor, or if you wish to become a Mentor, please read our full description of the mentoring program and complete an application form (above). Please return the application form to:
Mentoring Program Director, Apra-MN
Susan will contact you to begin the process of assignment. If you have any additional questions, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have already indicated interest, either through the membership application form, or by contacting Apra-MN, Susan will follow up to confirm your interest and get you started.
Thank you for your interest in, commitment to and support of Apra-MN!